New Leadership Team Members
Josh Pang joined Orchid in February as Chief Commercial Officer with a reputation for growing market share through relationship building and concentrated execution.
Lourdes De Cardenas Alfonso joined Orchid in October as Chief Quality, Regulatory and EH&S Officer with a reputation of partnering with operations to deliver high quality products to the customer.
The commercial team visited three Orchid sites this year (Alabama, Memphis and Chelsea) to host a series of educational events for employees. Impact Academy connects employees to the impact they have on customers, products and patients. The purpose of these academies is to give employees a better understanding of what we do, why we do it and who we do it for. Each event is different, highlighting the sites capabilities, histories and products they make.
We will be hitting up each of the other sites in 2022.
Read more about Impact Academy in Chelsea, MI
Read more about Impact Academy in Memphis and Alabama
Conferences are Back
Orchid exhibited at two U.S. surgeon-focused meetings, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) and North American Spine Society (NASS), in 2021. This fall was the first time many industry players were back together in the same space. Both events were smaller in size, with many companies choosing to delay involvement until next year. This provided an opportunity for companies to increase discussions around business-to-business partnering. Private equity firms and venture capitalists are seeking out who can support deal-making and operations partners, while contract manufacturers increased direct correspondence with customers.
Read about trends from these events
Commercial Excellence Awards
We continued our annual Commercial Excellence Awards in March to celebrate our employees and sites for their outstanding commercial performance in 2020.
Our winners were:
- Top Territory Growth: Scott Reese, Portfolio Development Director
- Top Site Growth: Alabama
- Exceptional Customer Service: Joe Farinella, Quality Director, Midwest US
- Exceptional Customer Service: Scott Blumenstein, Global Commercial Manager
- Site Leader of the Year: Clay Clayton, General Manager, Alabama
- Exceptional Sales Employee: Matt Weber, Strategic Account Manager
We are grateful to work on a team with so many dedicated and hardworking people. Congratulations to both the winners and nominees and thank you for all you do for Orchid!
Read more about our employees
Local Events and Achievements:
- Our facility in Arab, AL attended Manufacturing Day at Wallace State College which allowed students to learn from skilled technicians and manufacturing professionals
- Our Chelsea site donated nearly 700 food items to the Faith in Action, a community funded assistance and resource center in Chelsea, MI
- Our Sheffield facility was a sponsor at the Get up to Speed event, a highly interactive event aimed at showcasing the sector, its employers and employment opportunities to school children, students, parents and teachers. Its aim is to inspire and build confidence and knowledge in science, technology, engineering and manufacturing as a great place to work.
We want to thank all Orchid employees for their hard work this past year and going above and beyond during this pandemic to help make Orchid a world leader in the orthopedic industry. We are excited to see what we will accomplish in 2022!
Follow us on social media for updates on our milestones, accomplishments and celebrations.