Orchid Welcomes a New CEO
In October, Mr. Folkert joined Orchid as our new CEO with 20 years of medical device experience and a deep understanding of the orthopedic implant end market. Prior to joining Orchid, Nate was on the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) side of the business for approximately 20 years, enabling him to bring a different perspective about how Orchid can better partner with our suppliers. Read more.
At Orchid, we know we are making a positive impact on the lives of people that need the products we manufacture, but it’s not very often that we get the opportunity to truly connect what we do at work directly with the people that are impacted. We were able to interview seven individuals that were directly connected to someone who worked at Orchid to produce inspiring videos. We would like to extend a special thank you to everyone involved in making these videos a success. You can view them all on our YouTube channel.
Commercial Excellence Awards
Each year at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) annual meeting, Orchid recognizes team members who have achieved outstanding commercial performance and presented them with Commercial Excellence Awards. Although AAOS was cancelled and social distancing has become our norm, we didn’t let that stop us from recognizing these outstanding individuals for their hard work and dedication. Thankfully we have technology to connect us, and with a little music and creativity, we joined together to recognize and announce the winners of the 2019 Commercial Excellence Awards.
Our winners were:
- Top Territory Growth: Matt Weber, Strategic Account Manager
- Top Site Growth: Alabama
- Exceptional Customer Service: Christopher Schwartz, Senior Engineer (Orchid Design)
- Exceptional Customer Service: Michelle Sissons, Customer Service Representative (Santa Ana and Arcadia)
- Site Leader of the Year: Marlon Sloan, Director of Operations, Alabama
- Exceptional Sales Employee: Matt Weber, Strategic Account Manager
We are grateful to work on a team with so many dedicated and hardworking people. Congratulations to both the winners and nominees, and thank you for all you do for Orchid!
Orchid Celebrates 15 Year Anniversary!
In February, Orchid celebrated 15 years of serving the orthopedic industry. Each of our best-in-class facilities has a longer history in the industry, and we are proud to serve the industry together as Orchid for 15 years while helping people live longer, active lives.
Launched New Website
In September, Orchid launched our new website. As a premier provider of solutions for orthopedic implant procedures, our goal is to become strategic partners with our customers. We believe that educating both our employees and our business partners is a key aspect to achieving that goal and our new interactive website will help to further that effort.
Local Events and Achievements:
- Our facility in Bridgeport, MI has been recognized for its third year with an Economic Excellence Award for its outstanding contribution to the economy of Saginaw. This year, we had three employees (Chris Little, Mike Majeske and Craig Kolhagen) there to receive the award on the company’s behalf.
- Our Alabama site raised more than $500 for Relay for Life.
- More than 30 students from Mackinaw Academy in Saginaw, MI visited our Bridgeport, MI facility to learn about careers in manufacturing yesterday.
- Our Sheffield facility was a sponsor at the Get up to Speed event, a highly interactive event aimed at showcasing the sector, its employers and employment opportunities to school children, students, parents and teachers. Its aim is to inspire and build confidence and knowledge in science, technology, engineering and manufacturing as a great place to work.
- Our Bridgeport facility had more than 40 employees help make blankets for the Fleece and Thank You charity. The Michigan-based program provides blankets to hospitalized children and encourages personal messages to the children from blanket-making volunteers. Thank you to all the employees who took time out to help this great cause.
- Nancy Pike, Staff Accountant at our corporate facility, as well as Brenda Wood, Senior Manager, Financial Reporting at our Bridgeport facility, took time out to sew masks to help their local communities, nursing homes, EMTs, postal workers, grocery store workers; and to any and all essential workers during the 2020 pandemic.
We want to thank all Orchid employees for their hard work this past year and going above and beyond during this pandemic to help make Orchid a world leader in the orthopedic industry. We are excited to see what we will accomplish in 2021!
Follow us on social media for updates on our milestones, accomplishments and celebrations.