Orchid’s Commercial Team visited our Holt, MI facility in March for Impact Academy. Impact Academy is a series of educational events presented by the Commercial Team to connect employees to the impact that they have on our customers, their products and, ultimately, the patients.
The facility (often referred to as “Orchid Lansing’) manufactures products for the hip and knee markets. Did you know that Orchid touches more than 30% of the world’s knee implants and more than 20% of the world’s hip implants?
At the site’s Impact Academy in March, employees learned:
- How total hip replacements help patients live longer, more active lives
- Why primary and revision components look different, and the types of surgeries each is used for
- When a forged product from Orchid Lansing is shipped to another Orchid site for coating, that coating is adding a bone in-growth technology and a cementless option for large joint replacement surgeries
- This multi-site offering, Orchid Supply+, provides value to our customers by doubling or tripling the value
Here’s where we are headed to next:
- April: Oregon City, OR
- May: Bridgeport, MI
- June: Farmington Hills, MI