Product Design and Development
Creative Design and Innovative Thinking: Building In Competitive Advantage with New Perspectives.
Partnering with Orchid Design, our product design and development division, provides access to two design centers and a team of industry and clinically-experienced engineers, designers and regulatory experts with diverse orthopedics backgrounds.
With comprehensive resources and capabilities to develop complete systems, or provide focused support for limited scope design and engineering challenges, Orchid Design’s finely tuned product development process and on-site prototype facilities allow for rapid iteration and product development, reducing your time to revenue generation and allowing you to expand your capabilities to launch more products.
Design and Development Capabilities
- Ideation, exploration and discovery
- Concept generation and rapid prototyping
- Design it, Build it, Test it - Rapid design iterating through in house design, testing and prototyping capabilities
- Design risk assessment, and Design for Manufacturing
- Design and engineer Customs and Specials
- Verification testing including benchtop, mechanical, animal and cadaveric
- Project management for coordinating all internal and external resources
- Design transfer for seamless transition to full scale production
- Complete systems design and development – implants, instruments and packaging
- Complex implants and instruments – including MIS and Single-Use/Disposable
- Specific engineering and design challenges, or limited scope projects
- Customs and Specials design and engineering
- Ideation, concept generation and rapid prototyping
- Functional prototyping and feasibility evaluation
- Design risk analysis and verification testing
- Design for manufacturing and transfer assessments
- Technology assessments and due diligence
Why Orchid Design?
- Extensive device industry and clinical experience
- Resources expansion for accelerated product development
- New perspectives, and independent assessments
- Integrated regulatory services
- Enhance IP portfolio
- ISO 13485 for Design and Manufacturing
- Comprehensive design and development capabilities
Relevant Facility: Orchid Design