You Are Here: Quality Inspector
Location: Chelsea MI
Perform in-process inspections, and final inspections to industry standards or customer requirements. Performs daily testing and inspection of product at various stages of the production process to determine and maintain quality and reliability of product. Measures dimensions of product, selecting or building precision instruments. Record, compile and report data to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Perform receiving inspection, in-process inspections, and final inspections to industry standards or customer requirement.
- Ensures product meets customer specifications by using job cards, travelers, customer specific documentation, MRB report, certifications, customer specifications and appropriate gaging.
- Performs daily testing and inspection of product at various stages of the production process for defects such as scratches, burns and discoloration.
- Measures dimensions of product such as length, height, weight and distance between points using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, indicators and optical comparator.
- Records, compiles and evaluates data per customer supplied specifications or requirements.
- Performs GD&T and physical layouts, gaging selection and set up, and cosmetic assessment for acceptability.
- Calibrate, and troubleshoot electronic inspection equipment such as CMM and Surfcom. Train employees on proper equipment utilization.
- Assists co-workers and other departments (ex: machine operating, laser, packaging) whenever necessary.
- Must be able to inspect and identify defective parts.
- Must be able to recognize gaging malfunction and adjust as necessary.
- Possession of a high school diploma or successful completion of GED
- Two to five years inspection experience
- Prior experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret basic blue prints
- Ability to interpret Geometric Dimensions and Tolerance
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org