Net and Near-Net Forging.
Nobody Does it Better.
A world leader in the near-net forging of exotic alloys for the orthopedic implant industry, Orchid specializes in products made from titanium, cobalt-chromium-molybdenum, stainless steel and zirconium. Our unique forging process results in precisely crafted products that are exceptionally strong and durable, requiring little or no machining or finishing. This provides you with significant cost savings.
- Innovative engineering: including concept, design and prototyping solutions for efficient and cost-effective production
- Net and near-net forging: producing products that are higher in quality, more structurally sound, and lower in cost
- Complete machining capabilities: for hard-die manufacturing and machining of implants
- Lean manufacturing: including value stream mapping and Kaizen events to ensure processes are optimized and all wasted cost is removed
- Project management: with experienced engineers managing your project from start to finish
- Acetabular cups
- Femoral hip stems
- Femoral knee components
- Tibial base components
- Various trauma and fusion plates
- Extremity parts (ankles, elbows and shoulders)
- Forged blanks for further machining (an extremely cost-effective way of producing low-volume parts)
- "One-stop" resource
- Complete design, forging, machining, polishing and porous coating services
- Advanced technical capabilities
- Highly skilled workforce
- Controlled development costs
- Total supply chain value
- Quality products that meet or exceed design specs
- ISO 13485:2003 certified
- A full service partner